Each year, the Chicago Park District requests information from each advisory council in an effort to learn more about our park Advisory Councils and keep up to date records of its members. Councils formed after October 1, 2018, are not required to complete this form until the next year.
Submitting accomplishments along with general information about the council, through the form below, is one of the requirements for an advisory council to remain in good standing. Councils that are in good standing are eligible for the Chicago Parks Foundation grant award, usage of the council partnership code for council events, and an extra raffle ticket to win a Movie in the Park and a Concert in the Park, awarded at the annual Park Advisory Council conference on March 30, 2019.
Park Advisory Council Conference
2019 Park Advisory Council Conference
Saturday, March 30, 2019
Malcolm X, College, 1900 W Jackson
Check In Begins 8:00AM
Advisory Council Forms
All existing and newly formed advisory councils and those interested in becoming an advisory council, must review and complete the forms below. Fax the completed Application, Registration Form, Partnership Pledge and By-Laws to the Chicago Park District Community Relations Division at (312) 742-2797.
- Advisory Council Guidelines
- Advisory Council Letter of Intent Sample
- Advisory Council Member Application
- Advisory Council Registration Form **Contact Maria Stone for updated form
- Advisory Council By-Law
- Advisory Council Code of Conduct
- Officer Update Form
What makes a PAC compliant?
- Submitting Annual Report
- Holding Yearly Elections
- Submitting bylaws to the Chicago Park District
- Maintaining PAC binder in parks, which includes: membership applications, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, financial reports
Registered Chicago Park District PACs, enjoy the use of rooms, space for their monthly meeting, application fee waivers, expedited event permit processing, partnership benefits of no or reduced fees and liability insurance. If a PAC is not compliant they will not be privy to these benefits. PACs will be treated like every other community group and organization until they become compliant.
Advisory Councils List
View a list of parks with advisory councils, and get meeting dates and contact information.
Advisory Council Applications
- Advisory Council Membership Application
- New Park Advisory Council Application ** Contact Maria Stone for updated document
- 2018 Park Advisory Council Officer Update
If you have any further questions about Chicago Park District advisory councils, please call the Department of Legislative and Community Affairs at (312) 742-2797.