Volunteer in the parks!
Thank you for your interest to volunteer with the Chicago Park District. There are many volunteer opportunities for every interest and level of time commitment.
Available Volunteer Opportunities
Explore the links below for detailed information on our various volunteer opportunities.
- One Day Volunteers
- Group One Day Service Projects
- Natural Areas Community Stewardship
- Community Gardening
- Conservatory Docent Programs
- Park Advisory Councils
- Pitch in for the Parks - Park Clean-Up Effort
- Contact the park supervisor or program manager for more information on the following areas. Go here to find a park.
- Special event support
- Coaching and sports instruction
- Tutoring/mentoring after school programs and camps
For questions please call (312) 742-4764 or email email@example.com.
One-day volunteer opportunities include park clean-ups, event support, Earth Day, It’s Your Park Day, Special Olympics, tree mulching days, and much more. To find one-day volunteer opportunities contact your local park or Park Advisory Council. Go here to find a park. Advisory Council contact information is listed on each park page (if the park has a council).
All one-day volunteers must complete the online volunteer waiver PRIOR to beginning a workday.
Please note Long Term Volunteers do not need to fill out the one-day volunteer waiver.
The Chicago Park District offers many opportunities for one-day service project volunteers. Your service may include planting gardens, mulching trees, and other various park improvements. These events not only contribute to making Chicago’s Parks the beautiful destinations that they are but also serve as opportunities for team building.
For more information or to schedule a group service project event, fill out the Group One Day Service Projects Volunteer Application.
For further information on Chicago Park District Group One Day Service Volunteer opportunities email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Long Term Volunteer Application
To ensure the safety and protection of all park patrons, all volunteer applicants are required to successfully complete a background check prior to becoming a volunteer. If you are interested in a long-term volunteer position with the Chicago Park District, all long-term volunteers must complete a Long Term Volunteer Application (see below). Long-term indicates you are dedicated to supporting a local park on a regular basis.
The Following Groups should complete the Long Term Volunteer Application
- Park Advisory Council board members handling finances or volunteering with youth
- Parent volunteers
- ANYONE volunteering with youth or handling finances
Steps to become a long term volunteer:
- Connect with the park supervisor or program manager.
- Complete the Long Term Volunteer Application (see application links below), and email your completed application to: email@example.com.
- Upon receipt, applicants will receive email instructions to complete a background check.
- The park supervisor or program manager will contact you when you are cleared to be an official Chicago Park volunteer.
- Enjoy volunteering in the parks!
For more information on Chicago Park District volunteer opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org.