Art/Sculpture Installation

The installation of any artwork or sculpture, whether on a temporary or permanent basis, requires a Standard Access Permit.  Please note, approval for the display of the art and an agreement regarding the art are also required.  Learn more.


Cellular Infrastructure Installation

Telecommunication firms, engineering firms, and construction firms who are interested in gaining access to high-speed, affordable internet and cellular telecommunication networks throughout the park system can learn more here:



For ongoing sales of food, products or services contact UCG Associates:  website: | email: |  phone:  (312) 988-3360.   


Dog Friendly Area Tags

A Dog Friendly Area Permit (tag) is required to use one of our Dog Friendly Areas.  They are available at participating veterinarian offices.  The Chicago Park District, with the cooperation of the Chicago Veterinary Medical Association, developed a process for distributing permits for our Dog Friendly Areas (DFAs). Permits are available at the offices of participating veterinarians. 

Learn more about DFA tags.

Parking Lot Rental

Some lots are available to rent (multiple spaces only, no individual purchases).  For rates and availability, call (312) 742-7667 or visit



Promotions can include one-time retail displays, product/service sampling and other visibility options. Call New Business Development for rates, (312) 742-4744.



Community Access Permit

All independent homeowners or community groups who wish to access CPD property to self-perform work either on adjacent, private property, or directly on CPD property are required to obtain a Community Access Permit before beginning any project.

These community-based projects are to be accomplished without engaging the services of a professional company, either for compensation or pro-bono. If this stipulation does not apply to the project, a standard Access Permit is required. Learn more.

Standard Access Permit (Construction)

All persons not under direct contract with the Chicago Park District who will be performing work on Park District property are required to obtain an Access Permit. The firm or persons performing the work should apply for the permit. Learn more.

Research Permit

All researchers conducting investigations on Park District property are required to obtain a Research Access Permit before beginning any project. These research investigations, by nature, are to be completely noninvasive to the park, leaving no materials or equipment in the parks after a project has completed. If these stipulations do not apply to the nature of the project, a Standard Access Permit is required.  Learn more about Research Access Permits.