A permit is required for the following types of filming and photography

  • Commercial, such as:
    • Advertising
    • Catalog photos
    • Publications
  • Documentary
  • Web-based media
  • Non-commercial use, such as:
    • Engagement photos
    • Wedding photos
    • Cotillion photos
  • Student projects
    • Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited school working on a class project to qualify for a student rate.

View fees and get started now.

News Media Confirmation Permit

To conduct a professional journalism-based activity on park property a News Media Confirmation Permit is required.  To obtain this permit, contact the Chicago Park District Department of Communications at (312) 742-4786. 

If you have any additional questions, view our Frequently Asked Questions page, or call (312) 763-6710.