Chicago Park District
Tuley Park Fieldhouse

Tuley Park Fieldhouse

 
Tuley Park Auditorium

Tuley Park Auditorium

 
Tuley Park Pool

Tuley Park Pool

 
Tuley Park Playground

Tuley Park Playground

 
Tuley Park

Tuley Park

 
Tuley Park Outdoor Basketball Courts

Tuley Park Outdoor Basketball Courts

 
Tuley Park Field

Tuley Park Field

 
Tuley Park Tennis Courts

Tuley Park Tennis Courts

 
Tuley Park

Tuley Park

 
Tuley Park Waterpark

Tuley Park Waterpark

 
Tuley Park Auditorium

Tuley Park Auditorium

 
Tuley Park Meeting Room

Tuley Park Meeting Room

 
Tuley Park Field

Tuley Park Field

 
Tuley Park Clubroom

Tuley Park Clubroom

 
Tuley Park Auditorium Entrance

Tuley Park Auditorium Entrance

 
Tuley Park Auditorium

Tuley Park Auditorium

 
Tuley Park Fieldhouse

Tuley Park Fieldhouse

 

Tuley Park

501 E. 90th Pl. Chicago IL 60619

Hours: +Park: 6am - 11pm, Fieldhouse: M - F 9am - 9pm

Sa 9am - 5pm, Su Closed

Park Supervisor:
Donna Jones

(312) 747-6763

 
 
 

Description

Located in the Chesterfield community, Tuley Park totals 20.19 acres and features a gymnasium, auditorium, and multi-purpose clubrooms. A green feature of the park includes a garden. Outside, the park offers a new playground with an interactive pool, baseball/softball diamonds, pool, gazebo, and 10 lighted tennis courts. Many of these spaces are available for rental including our gymnasium, auditorium, gazebo, fields, and multi-purpose rooms.

Park-goers can participate in the Park Kids after school program, seasonal sports, cheerleading, yoga, and fitness classes. During the summer, the Chicago Park District offers its popular six-week day camp.

In addition to programs, Tuley Park hosts fun special events throughout the year for the entire family.

APR
19
Blair Thomas' "A Kite's Tale" at Tuley
Event's details
April 19, 2014

Time:02:00 PM - 03:00 PM
501 E. 90th Pl. Chicago IL 60619


This delightful family show exercises the imagination and reveals the magical power of wordless music.
 
(02:00 PM - 03:00 PM)
 
 

 

SPRING PROGRAMS:
Online registration for our park begins Tuesday, February 25 at 9 am, and in-person registration begins Saturday, March 1.  Spring programs run the week of March 31 through the week of June 2. 

SUMMER PROGRAMS:
Online registration for our park’s summer programs begins Tuesday, April 8 at 9 am, and in-person registration begins Saturday, April 12.  Our traditional 6-week summer camp program runs June 23 through August 1.  Most other summer programs run the week of June 16 through the week of August 18.

Join us! 

 
 

FACILITIES

FACILITY TYPE ADDRESS DESCRIPTOR QTY NOTES
Baseball Field 501 E. 90th Pl. 4
Basketball Court - Outdoor 501 E. 90th Pl. 3
Cultural Centers 501 E. 90th Pl. 1
Fieldhouse 501 E. 90th Pl. 0
Football / Soccer - Grass 501 E. 90th Pl. 1
Gymnasiums 501 E. 90th Pl. 1
Meeting/Event Space 501 E. 90th Pl. 1
Meeting/Event Space 501 E. 90th Pl. 7
Playgrounds 501 E. 90th Pl. 1
Swimming Pools - Outdoor 501 E. 90th Pl. 0 Pool Closed for the Season. Accessibility feature: Lift.
Tennis Courts 501 E. 90th Pl. 13
Water Spray Features 501 E. 90th Pl. 1
In 1907, Senator Clark of the 13th District presented petitions to the South Park Commission requesting the creation of a park in Dauphin Park, now part of the Chatham neighborhood. Annexed to Chicago in 1889 as part of the Town of Lake and Village of Hyde Park, the neighborhood had much open land used for truck farming, trap shooting, and duck hunting, and some frame homes built by railroad workers. The South Park Commission was pleased with the recent success of ten revolutionary neighborhood parks which included year-round recreational facilities, educational programs, and social services. The Commissioners agreed to the request, and began efforts to create Tuley, along with Trumbull, Grand Crossing, and Mann Parks. While acquiring 20 acres of land between 1909 and 1911, the South Park Commission hired the Olmsted Brothers, landscape designers of the previous neighborhood parks, to lay out the four new parks. Development was slow, however, and Tuley Park's original plan was never executed. Although the commission fenced the park, constructed walks, and installed ball fields that were flooded in winter for ice skating, Tuley Park was left unfinished until the 1920s. At that time, the surrounding neighborhood became more populated, and tennis courts, a swimming pool, and a Spanish Revival-style fieldhouse were constructed in the park. The South Park Commission was consolidated into the Chicago Park District in 1934. Originally known as Burnside Park for the adjacent Burnside community area, Tuley Park was officially named in honor of Murray F. Tuley (1827-1905) in 1922. Tuley was a circuit court judge who was instrumental in framing the Chicago City Charter adopted after the Great Fire of 1871.

Contact: Willet Welch

Contact Title: President

Phone: (312) 747-6763 

Email: tpac501@gmail.com

Meeting Date/Time: 2nd Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. (excluding November, December and January)

For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.

 

 

Accessibility Information

Summer Day Camps

Share your ideas!