Register today for a fun day of activities for girls on CPS’ day of non-attendance
CHICAGO – When School is out, the parks are in! The Chicago Park District is excited to host Girls Day of P.L.A.Y. on October 27, 2023 at nearly 20 locations citywide. Each session will give girls, ages 6 to 12, the opportunity to socialize with other young neighbors, while also engaging with sports, arts and crafts and more! Registration for girls is free and available now! Hours vary by location, however most sessions will take place between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Visit chicagoparkdistrict.com/girls-play for more details on how young girls can get involved!
“The Chicago Park District is committed to inclusivity, and accessibility to all,” said Chicago Park District Superintendent and CEO Rosa Escareño. “The Girls Day of P.L.AY. initiative is designed to create an inviting space where girls can express themselves through sport and art. After a day at the park, these girls leave knowing they can rely on our programming for lifelong wellness and confidence.”
In 2023, the Park District has served over 140,000 girls in programs citywide. This amount is almost a 70,000 increase in young female enrollment in three years. Girls Day of P.L.A.Y. is an initiative that aims to bring young women back into the Park District for years to come, and the three years have shown signs that they are returning by the tens of thousands!
New this year, the Girls Day of P.L.A.Y. will feature professional ultimate frisbee instructors at selected locations. Girls will have the chance to play with the classic toy and learn the unique game of ultimate frisbee at Hale Park, Loyola Park, Ping Tom Park, Wilson (John P.) Park, and the Park at the National Teachers Academy. Activities vary from sports, arts & crafts, and empowerment workshops at each park location.
Girls Day of P.L.A.Y. Locations
- Eckhart Park, 1330 W. Chicago Ave.
- Ellis Park, 3520 S. Cottage Grove Ave.
- Fosco Park, 1312 S. Racine Ave.
- Garfield Park, 100 N. Central Park Ave.
- Gill Park, 825 W. Sheridan Rd
- Hale Park, 6258 W. 62nd St.
- Harris Park, 6200 S. Drexel Ave.
- Hayes Park, 2936 W. 85th St.
- Independence Park, 3945 N. Springfield Ave
- Kosciuszko Park, 2732 N. Avers Ave.
- Loyola Park, 1230 W. Greenleaf Ave.
- Brighton Park Community Campus, Park No. 596, 4830 S. Western Ave.
- The Park at National Teachers Academy, 55 W Cermak Rd.
- Ping Tom Park, 1700 S. Wentworth Ave.
- Rosedale Park, 6312 W. Rosedale Ave.
- Mann Park, 3035 E. 130th St
- Sherwood Park, 5701 S. Shields Ave.
- Welles Park, 2333 W. Sunnyside Ave.
- West Pullman Park, 401 W. 123rd St.
- Wilson (John P.) Park, 1122 W. 34th Pl.
For more information about Girls Day of P.L.A.Y, visit chicagoparkdistrict.com/girls-play.