A fitness center is considered accessible if it has at least two pieces of wheelchair accessible equipment.
COVID-19 RELATED POLICIES:
- WEAR A MASK. Face coverings are required for all individuals in all indoor park settings.
- Maintain a social distance of 6 ft. throughout the fieldhouse and fitness center.
- When entering the fieldhouse, fitness center members must stop at the front desk to check-in.
- Fitness center members should arrive in their workout clothes. Locker room access will not be available for fitness members. Restrooms are open if needed. Please plan accordingly.
- Face coverings must be worn in the fitness center.
- Fitness center members must bring their own water as water fountains remain off.
- Only fitness center members are allowed in the fitness center, no companions are allowed.
- No spotting for lifts or partaking in any other activities that bring you within 6 feet of others in the fitness center.
- No sharing of equipment in between sets.
- No use of decommissioned equipment. Some equipment will be marked as decommissioned to provide adequate space for proper social distancing. For cardio equipment, every other piece of equipment will be decommissioned.
- Cleaning requirements:
- Members must use disinfectant spray provided to clean equipment before and after each use.
- Members will be given disinfecting wipes, personal cleaning bottles and hand sanitizer will be regularly placed throughout the fitness center for member use.
- Fitness centers will be closed twice a day for deep cleaning conducted by CPD staff.
- After leaving the fitness center, members are asked to exit the fieldhouse as quickly as possible.
- All participants must complete an orientation before an I.D. will be issued. Please see a staff member about registration and orientation.
- Consult your doctor before beginning any new exercise program.
- All participants must sign in at the front desk before entering the fitness center. Please present your fitness pass & I.D. to park staff and wear your I.D. at all times!
- The Fitness Center is only for registered participants (ages 18 & over).
- Children are not allowed in the fitness center under any circumstances. Children may not be left unattended in the halls or stairwells while parents are exercising.
- Proper attire is required. No shirt, no entry. No jeans, cut offs or street shoes. Please carry in your athletic shoes to ensure a clean fitness center.
- Please limit use of cardiovascular equipment to 30 minutes during peak times.
- Please wipe down all equipment after use and bring a towel from home to assist with this request.
- Water bottles are allowed. Please do not bring food, drinks or gum.
- Respect staff, other members and equipment.
- Report any broken/malfunctioning equipment to the front desk.
- Please silence phones while in a fitness center. Do not use phones while on fitness equipment.
- All registration is final. No refunds will be issued. Registration is non-transferable.
- The Park District has the right to cancel your membership if rules are not followed.
- $5 Replacement Fee for lost or stolen cards.
The Chicago Park District cares about the health of all Chicago citizens. With this in mind, we are offering complimentary use of park fitness centers for all Chicagoans who have a doctor’s prescription for exercise needed for an obesityrelated disease (diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc.). To take advantage of this free 3-month, single site fitness center membership, patrons must bring the following information to the park:
- Medical doctor prescription stating exercise needed for obesity related disease (diabetes, high blood pressure, hypertension, asthma, etc.).
NOTE: THE RECOMMENDED EXERCISE NEEDS TO BE STATED IN THE PRESCRIPITON and the patron must have a BMI > 26 and noted in the prescription by the medical staff.
- Legal photo ID and a piece of mail verifying address.
Rules and regulations are as follows:
- Participant can use the fitness center during all open hours, as many times a week as desired or prescribed.
- Participants will receive one free 3-month, single site fitness center pass. This pass can only be used for one 3-month session throughout the park district. Please do not attempt to utilize multiple free sessions at various parks. Participant information will be kept at the specific park and the Chicago Park District administration office.
A membership is required to use a fitness center. A park-specific membership allows for use at the park for which the membership is purchased. A gold membership allows for use at all fitness center parks citywide (list of all fitness centers provided above).
Park specific memberships - good only at the park for which it was purchased
- 1-Month Fitness Center Membership
- 3-Month Fitness Center Membership
- Annual Fitness Center Membership
Gold memberships - good at all parks throughout the city with fitness centers
- Gold 3-Month Fitness Center Membership
- Gold Annual Fitness Center Membership
Rates vary by park based upon available equipment.