Located along Irving Park Road, Revere Park opens its doors to a steady stream of traffic from children and adults seeking fun athletic leagues and instruction year round. Whether your game of choice is baseball, softball, football, soccer, volleyball, basketball or even rugby, there is a sport for everyone to choose from at the park. The park is 9.49 acres and it features four outdoor tennis courts, baseball fields and a new ADA accessible playground.
During the school year, Revere Park hosts a strong PARK KIDS after-school program that runs from 2 to 6 p.m. every weekday. They also have many programs for ages 5 and under including Tumbling, Fun & Games, Kids Fitness, and Arts & Crafts
The Revere Park field house contains a beautifully-restored auditorium with stage, which can be permitted for private events. The auditorium also comes to life for summer camp talent shows, dance classes, and other special events.
Revere Park lies just east of the Chicago River's North Branch, in the North Center neighborhood, once home to a nationally important brick making industry. In 1898, Wolfram Blaul built a brick factory on the 9-acre property that would later become Revere Park. In little more than a decade, however, the site's clay pits were being used as a city dump. By 1917, River Park District Commissioner John J. O'Shea had tired of this eyesore, and began to push for a park on the site. O'Shea quickly won over the park board, which acquired the property in 1921. Improvements began the following year. Blaul's original cottage was remodeled as a fieldhouse, and some planting began. In 1926, another River Park District board member, Albert F. Otte, suggested that the new park, then known as O'Shea Park, be dedicated to the honor of patriot Paul Revere (1735-1818). Revere, a silversmith, made a famous midnight ride through the Massachusetts countryside to warn of the British approach during the early days of the American Revolution. By 1928, Jacob L. Crane, Jr., a landscape architect and an early River Park board member, had prepared detailed plans for Revere Park. The Chicago Landscape Company executed a modified version of Crane's plans that included an athletic fields and tennis courts set in a green landscape of trees and curving paths. Chicago architect Clarence Hatzfeld designed a slate-roofed, brick fieldhouse, dedicated in 1931. Blaul's old cottage was remodeled yet again, this time for use as a community house. In 1934, the River Park District and 21 other independent park commissions consolidated into the unified Chicago Park District. The Chicago Park District installed a wading pool with sand courts and a shelter house in 1948. Around 1960, the park district demolished the original cottage, replacing it with a new boys' club building. The park received a new soft surface playground in 1989.
2nd Wednesday of the month @ 7pm
Due to an abundance of caution Park Advisory Council meetings will be held virtually. Please contact the Revere Park Advisory Council for meeting information.