Permit Related COVID-19 Updates:
Chicago Park District
- Chicago Park District’s COVID-19 Response Plan: www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/covid19-response
City of Chicago:
- Reopening Business Notice: www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/reopening-business-portal.html
State of Illinois:
For questions, contact us at MediaApp@chicagoparkdistrict.com or leave a voicemail at (312) 763-6710 and a staff member will return your call.
The following locations are independently managed, please call them directly:
- Alfred Caldwell Lily Pool | (773) 883-7275
- Lincoln Park Zoo | (312) 742-2000
- Maggie Daley Park & Cancer Survivors Garden | (312) 552-3000
- Millennium Park | (312) 744-6050
- Olive Park | (312) 744-6635
- News Media Filming & Photography
To conduct a professional journalism-based activity on park property an approved News Media Confirmation Form is required. To obtain this form, contact the Chicago Park District Department of Communications at (312) 742-4786. Fees do not apply for news media filming & photography.
- Do I Need a Permit?
A permit is required for the following types of filming and photography:
- Non-commercial use, such as engagement, wedding, and other special occasions
- Commercial, such as advertising, catalog photos, publications
- Web-based media
- Student projects
- Student applicants will be required to submit proof of enrollment in an accredited school working on a class project, to qualify for a student rate.
- Permit Pricing
Filming & Photography Permit Pricing includes a $35 Application Fee + Permit Fees
Media Permit Types Security Deposit Permit Fees Insurance Required
e.g. Wedding Photos
$45 (per location, per hour)
Must be a class project
$45 (per location, per date)
e.g. catalog photos
$890 (per location, per date)
Filming Level 1
1-5 crew, talent, vendors, volunteers, etc.
$315 (per location, per date)
Filming Level 2
6-12 crew, talent, vendors, volunteers, etc.
$510 (per location, per date)
Filming Level 3
13-20 crew, talent, vendors, volunteers, etc.
$1,150 (per location, per date)
Filming Level 4
21 and greater crew, talent, vendors, volunteers, etc.
$2,150 (per location, per date)
Note: Media Permit availability may be limited during peak periods. Additional fees may apply for indoor locations which vary by site.
- Reserve a 2022 Permit
Reserve a permit for non-commercial photography (such as engagement, wedding, and other special occasions) at the following locations by clicking on the Book Now button below.
- Buckingham Fountain (fountain shutdown October 11, 2022 until spring 2023)
- Garfield Park Conservatory (see Conservatory notes below)
- Humboldt Park Formal Garden
- Jackson Park Osaka Garden
- Lincoln Park Conservatory (see Conservatory notes below)
- Lincoln Park Great Garden (south of the Conservatory)
- Lincoln Park North Pond Laughter Gazebo
- Lincoln Park Plaza W of North Pond Restaurant
- Lincoln Park Rosenbaum Gazebo
- Montrose Harbor Dr. Skyline View
- Museum Campus Skyline View (Solidarity Dr.)
- North Ave. Beach - Chess Pavilion
- Ping Tom Park Pagoda
- Reservations are free and required to enter the conservatories. Prior to booking a non-commercial media permit, make a reservation online for entry to ensure there is space available on the day and time of your permit. Reservations are available two weeks out. Both the proof of reservation and permit will be required to show when arriving at a conservatory for photography. Use the links below for conservatory reservations
Make a Garfield Park Conservatory Reservation (Entry Only) | Make a Lincoln Park Conservatory Reservation (Entry Only)
For All Other Filming & Photography:
Please complete Step 1 & Step 2 below
Click on the following link to pay a non-refundable $35 Permit Application Fee now, and secure your spot in the queue.
2022 Permit Application Fee (click here)
Click on the link below to complete & submit a Media Permit Application.
Note: You will be asked to include your Permit Application Fee receipt number from Step 1.
2022 Media Permit Application (click here)
For any additional questions, view our Frequently Asked Questions, or call (312) 763-6710.