2000 W. Belmont Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
This park is 0.77 acres and it is located in the North Center neighborhood (at the corner of Belmont and Damen avenues). With a soft-surface playground and shaded area to picnic; this quaint playground is very popular with the little ones. While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby Hamlin Park.
Fellger Park was one of 42 new city playgrounds and playlots that were being built or opened to the public in 1950. Established by the Bureau of Parks and Recreation on Board of Education-owned property in Chicago's North Center neighborhood, the new park included a spray pool, a sand box, and playground apparatus.
In March 1954, the City Council named the site in honor of Charles L. Fellger, a local civic leader who had worked tirelessly to create the park. By the time the Chicago Park District began managing Fellger Park in 1959, a basketball court had been added to the 3/4-acre site. In 1991, the Board of Education transferred full ownership to the Park District, which extensively rehabilitated the site, replacing the existing playground equipment and basketball court with a large soft surface playground.