Located in the Englewood community, Junction Grove Park is 0.25 acres and it is an ideal location for families to spend a portion of their day relaxing and enjoying the outdoors. This park contains a playground with swings, slides, water fountain, along with benches to enjoy a picnic.
The Chicago Park District purchased the site of this playlot in 1973 with the help of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The park was officially named Junction Grove Park in 1998. Until 1867, Junction Grove was the name used for Englewood, the community in which the park is located. The earliest arrivals to the area settled amidst a grove or forest of what historian A.T. Andreas described as "luxuriant oak trees," which the settlers soon "wantonly cut down." By the early 1850s, the village was the site of a junction between several railroad lines, including the Michigan Southern & Northern Indiana, the Rock Island, the Wabash, and the Fort Wayne.