Visit the Permits and Rentals page on our web site. Click on the photo that best describes the type of event you are planning, to learn about fees and the application process. For most picnics, ceremonies and walk/run events the process is now two steps:
- Purchase Special Event Permit Application Fee Online
- Submit Special Event Permit Application Package Online (requires receipt number)
A customer may purchase unlimited application fees. During the online transaction you may update the quantity you wish to buy. Please note this fee is non-refundable.
Yes, starting on the Monday following the online intake day, applications will be accepted at the Department of Revenue and three Region Offices:
- Chicago Park District - Department of Revenue
359 E. McFetridge*
Chicago, IL 60605
* Northwest corner of Soldier Field, just across the street from the Field Museum main entrance.
- Chicago Park District - North Region Office
6601 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60645
- Chicago Park District - Central Region Office
100 N. Central Park Ave.
Chicago, IL 60624
- Chicago Park District - South Region Office
3344 W. 71st St.
Chicago, IL 60629
This is a convenience charge that is assessed per online receipt.
- All application fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All cancellations must be made in writing (email firstname.lastname@example.org or your permit coordinator).
- Cancellations received 90 days prior to the reservation start date will receive a refund of the entire security deposit and a refund of the rental fee less 15%.
- Cancellations made less than 90 days prior to the reservation start date will receive a refund of entire security deposit only.
- The Park District reserves the right to cancel or relocate an event due to poor weather and/or turf conditions prior to or on the day of the event that may cause excessive damage to Park District property. No rain dates will be issued. Refunds will not be granted for inclement weather.
Please allow a minimum 14 business days for processing. If your requested day/time is available you will receive an email with a link to your pending permit. It will indicate what documents and fees are due and include a due date. If your request cannot be fulfilled, you will receive an email notification that your application has been denied and the reason why.
There are a few things you can do to be better prepared for the first day of intake. We suggest the following:
- Create your account in advance - Accounts can be created online or at the park - Make sure you know your password
- Add the “Permit Application Fee” (for the year of your event) to your wish list. The wish list feature saves time on the first day of application processing.
- If you're planning for more than one event - in a separate document, type a list of your event names in priority order, separated by commas. During the online purchase process, you will be asked to list all event names in priority order, separated by commas. If purchasing multiple application fees, this will allow you to copy and paste this list and save time.
Prior to 9am, we suggest:
- Log into your account
- Copy the list of event names (see more info. on this above)
- Have your credit card ready - Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted
Saving the fee in your wish list is a way to save time searching for it on the morning of intake day. When you log in that morning, open the wish list and watch the countdown to 9am.
An event name is required in order to complete the transaction. Minor changes to your event name may be submitted in writing later.
Yes. Your cart will empty after 15 minutes and the login session will timeout after 30 minutes of no activity.
You will be prompted to pay the balance due before purchasing the Application Fee online.
The application may be saved and opened again at a later time. It is not received by the Chicago Park District until you click “Submit” on page 10.
Yes. You can print and complete the form at home and fax it to the Department of Revenue at (312) 742-5339, or deliver it in-person to the Department of Revenue or one of the three Region Offices (see addresses above). Paper applications are also available at these locations.
Changes may be submitted in writing.
Yes, the form can be accessed in all browsers, however it's best viewed in Chrome and Internet Explorer.