Quick Guide: Grammarly Install & Usage Instruction
What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is an AI-powered product that detects grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, and style mistakes in one’s writing.
Add Grammarly to browser
Grammarly provides a free browser extension for:
- Edge (Formerly known as Internet Explorer)
First open one of the browsers above and go to https://www.grammarly.com. Navigate to a green button that says “Add to _____ It’s free” (Note that Grammarly recognizes which browser you’re in so the blank space will say the browser that’s currently open).
- Click “Allow” software should start to download
- Click “Add” to give software permissions
- Click “Okay” to finalize
- This icon should now appear in your browser tool bar
- Now that the software has been installed Grammarly asks that the user creates an account
- Enter your Email
- Enter a new password that’s at least 6 characters
- Enter your Name
- Grammarly will then give you 2 package options click “Continue to Grammarly It’s Free”
- You may then take a web tour of Grammarly or choose to skip it
Installing Grammarly to Windows or Mac
Grammarly can also be installed as a desktop app as opposed to just a browser extension.
To add Grammarly as a desktop app go to https://www.grammarly.com/native/. Grammarly will recognize whether you are using a Windows or Mac computer and a button should show up that say “Download Grammarly for (Windows or Mac)”.
- Click the red download button
- Once the software has been fully downloaded click “Open”
- A popup of a tour should appear either click through the tour or click “Skip”
- You will then be taken to a Member Login Page
- Either create a new login or enter your login credentials
- You will then be taken to the homepage
After installation click the Grammarly icon on your browser tool bar.
You should be redirected to the home page.
To write or copy & paste text:
- Click “New”
- Type your title
- Paste (Ctrl+V) your text OR Start typing your text
To upload a document and save original formatting:
- Click “Upload”
- Locate document (.doc, .docx, or .txt)
- Double click or Select “Open”
Once your text has been added in Grammarly will point out errors which you may then choose to change or ignore.
Please note that Grammarly is meant for English please use a different software for proof reading other languages.