BECOME A CHICAGO PARK DISTRICT LIFEGUARD
The Seasonal Lifeguard application is being posted so that we are prepared in the event that beaches and pools reopen for the 2021 summer. This is not a confirmation that facilities will reopen. That determination will be made at a later date.
The lifeguard position offers a sense of pride working in an important position, pays $15.57 an hour, and provides the opportunity to make new friends amongst co-workers; meet Chicagoans and visitors to our great city; and enjoy one of the best office views in Chicago.
To be employed as a Chicago Park District lifeguard in 2021, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of the City of Chicago. Proof of residency MUST be presented at the lifeguard test.
- Be 16 years of age, or older, by July 1, 2021.
- Have a Chicago Park District Lifeguarding Card, valid through 2021 (given after passing the lifeguard test).
- Have an American Red Cross Lifeguarding certificate, or equivalent, valid through 2021 to include the following components:
- American Red Cross CPR for Professional Rescuer, or equivalent, valid through 2021
- American Red Cross First Aid, or equivalent, valid through 2021
- American Red Cross AED, or equivalent, valid through 2021
- American Red Cross Oxygen Administration, or equivalent, valid through 2021
- American Red Cross Bloodborne Pathogens Training or equivalent, valid through 2021
- American Red Cross Waterfront Skills, or equivalent, valid through 2021
LEARN MORE ABOUT AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARDING TRAINING.
Prior to applying, all new applicants are required to complete the American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguard Training Class.
GET STARTED NOW: Review the Lifeguard Application Process
For questions, please contact the Chicago Park District Aquatics office at (773) 363-2225.