1801 S Indiana Ave
Chicago, IL 60616
Landscape architect Mimi McKay and architect Tannys Langdon designed Chicago Women’s Park and Garden in 1999. The park was intended as a place to recognize the contributions of Chicago women as well as a respite spot for the residents and visitors to the area.
The park’s centerpiece is a fountain that was produced by Robinson Iron Corporation. Entitled the Botanical Gardens Fountain, it has a shallow copper-coated cast iron urn that gently drips water into a lower basin. Robinson Iron also created the Children’s Fountain in Lincoln Park, the Gurgoyle Fountain in Wicker Park, and another version of the Botanical Gardens Fountain in Mariano Park.