Located in the Forest Glen community just north of Devon Avenue and east of Central Avenue, Edgebrook Park is a five-acre school/park campus site consisting of baseball fields, and open greenspace.
Located on land once owned by Billy Caldwell, an early Chicagoan of Irish and Native American blood, Edgebrook Park takes its name from the surrounding Edgebrook Manor subdivision, created in 1922. Seven years later, the developers donated a triangle of land along the Chicago, Milwaukee, & St. Paul Railroad tracks to the City of Chicago for use as parkland. By the close of World War II, the city had expanded the park, then known as Edgebrook Manor Triangle, into the right-of-way of adjacent Kinzua Avenue, adding a tennis court. In the early 1950s, the city's Bureau of Parks and Recreation removed the tennis court and installed a basketball court and playground equipment. The city transferred Edgebrook Park to the Chicago Park District in 1959, along with more than 250 other properties. The park district rehabilitated the playground in 1965, and again in 1990.