The Chicago Park District is looking forward to providing Chicago’s youth a fun-filled Summer of Possibilities through our 2021 Day Camp program. Every summer our staff and campers look forward to reconnecting by engaging in fun, safe, and inclusive activities. Due to space limitations, this year's camps will be available for Chicago residents only.
The 6-weeks of summer fun will include sports, arts, fitness, and outdoor activities traditionally offered at camp, with the following ideas woven throughout the camp experience.
- Civic engagement
- Environmental awareness
- Collaboration & team building
- Brain play
- Reflection & journaling
- Friendship & kindness
- Registration Information
An account is required to register for a program, whether registering online or in-person. Accounts can be created online or in-person at the parks. To create an account: Create an Account
View these resources to help be prepared for online registration:
See specific registration dates below.
- COVID-19 Related Guidelines
- Group sizes will be implemented in accordance with Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidelines. Staff to camper ratio is currently set at 1:20.
- Registration will be done by age group (ex. 6-7, 8-10, 11-12) to ensure campers are with kids their age. Children will only be with their group throughout each day of camp.
- Campers must practice social distancing.
- Campers will be required to wear their own face covering/mask during camp.
- Campers must attend camp in good health. If any symptoms present, the child will be isolated and a parent will be called to take the child home.
- Campers must bring their own water, drinking fountains will not be available.
- For further information on the City of Chicago’s COVID guidelines visit https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/reopening-business-portal/business-guidelines.html#cds-tabs-1237268136-10
The standard 6-week day camp program is for children 6-12 years old, as determined by age on September 1, 2021. This summer registration will be done by age group at most parks, to ensure campers are with kids their age. When registering, please confirm you have selected the correct age group option.
Additionally, play camps are offered for ages 3-5 and teen camps are offered for ages 13- 17. Age calculation for these camps are determined based on the following dates:
- Play Camps: age as of the first day of camp
- Teen Camps: age as of September 1, 2021
- Residency Requirement
Due to space limitations, this year's camps will only be available for Chicago residents.
- Dates, Times & Fees
Day Camp: June 28 – August 6 | Six hours, from 9 am – 3 pm or 10 am – 4 pm.
Late Summer Camp: August 9 – 13 and/or August 16 - 20 | hours vary by park.
To see a specific park’s hours and fees click on the VIEW CAMPS button below.
All camp activities are designed to comply with social distancing measures. Swimming and walking field trips are possible pending approval from CDPH. Field trips that require busing will not take place this year.
- Food Program
Lunch and snacks will be provided. Review Lunch and Snack Menu
- Parent Orientation
A Day Camp parent orientation meeting will be held by each park prior to the start of camp. Patrons who register will be contacted by park staff with more information regarding orientation. Parent Orientation materials will be available on this page prior to those meetings. Please take time to review the following guidelines in the Parent Handbook and discuss the policies with your child.
- Financial Assistance
Financial assistance is available for city of Chicago residents. Learn more: Financial Assistance
- CHA Vouchers
Chicago Housing Authority residents receive reduced pricing for day camp. Learn more about the process to receive a CHA voucher: CHA Vouchers
- Canceling a Registration
Refund requests will be issued either as a credit to the patron’s account for future use or a credit card/check refund. A 15% service charge will be applied to the amount credited. All refund requests must be made at least two weeks before the program’s scheduled start date. No refund requests will be accepted after the two-week point.
Variety of Camps Offered
Click on the links below to view dates, times, locations and fees for each camp:
- Day Camp (for ages 6-12)
- Play Camp (for ages 3-5)
- Teen Camp (for ages 13-17)
- Camp Sign (Deaf & Hard of Hearing) and other Special Recreation Camps
- Sports Camps
- Specialty camps such as Adventure Camp, Arts & Cultural camps & Nature camps
We are looking forward to an exciting Summer of Possibilities!
June 28 – August 6
Dates for other camps vary.
August 9 – August 20